The area of Southern Tunica County and Northern Coahoma County directly across from Helena is known as Trotter’s Landing. Through the years, the region has
Clayton is located about six miles south of Tunica on Old Highway 61. In 1940, there were two plantation stores and a population of about
In 1939, the WPA described a number of lakes and bayous in Tunica County. Here is a partial list. More will come in the future.
Dundee was founded around 1885 in Southern Tunica County along the Yazoo and Missouri Valley Railroad. Since J.B. Carnes owned most of the land in
Dubbs was founded in 1873 and first known as Slab town. Slab town drew it’s name because the buildings were made of slabs from the
Maud was a flag stop on the Yazoo and Mississippi Valley Railroad about 8 miles south of Tunica. It was originally called Busby when a