The Jefferson County Court House is located in down town Pine Bluff, Arkansas. There are a number of government buildings near the main structure where county business is taken care of.
There is a Confederate statue in the rear and monuments to other wars surrounding the impressive building.
This courthouse like most courthouses is the seat of local government. The building was partially burned in 1976 but rebuilt around the center portion of the 1856 building and reopened in 1980.